CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

May 21, 2007 -- A history lesson

Hello friends and family, welcome to my blog. For those who do not know me well yet, this post is intended to give a little history about me and my family.

I am 27 now, as of May 17th, and the father of three and sole provider for our household. Due to a crashing economy and no real marketable skills, I joined the Army in search of reliable income. Now don't get it twisted, it's not like John Kerry would have you think, "those who are smart goto college, the rest join the Army." The Army has something called the ASVAB, I can't remember what that stands for right now but it's a set of apptitute tests. The english and technical section gets a score of its own known as the GT score. The top score is a 135 or 140, I scored a 130. Overall on the ASVAB I scored a 90 out of 100, so no, I didn't join because I wasn't smart enough to do anything else, it's that there wasn't anything else.

I signed up 01 Nov, 2006 and since then I've finished 9 weeks of basic training at lovely Ft. Sill, OK (scarcasm doesn't type well so to clarify, if I never have to go back to Oklahoma it'll be too soon). From there I was sent to Ft. Bliss, TX located adjunct to El Paso in the area where Texas, New Mexico and Mexico all come together. Ft. Bliss is where I did my AIT or, Advanced Individual Training for 88M10, Motor Transport Operator. Lucky me, my first duty station also turned out to be Ft. Bliss, TX. After a month with my first unit, the 377th Transportation Company, I was given time to get my family down here to on post housing. It was a 4 day trip involving 2 cars, 2 adults, 3 kids, a cat and a partridge in a pear tree. We made it without any casualties. Even my 1984 Volkswagen Scirocco survived against all odds. We are almost finished settling in, our household goods showed up just last week, hopefully when I figure out how we'll get some sort of live web cam setup so all you can peek in and see how we are doing.

Until the next update, and there will be plenty, take care all, and God Bless.

PV2, Pahman, Jesse C.
Ft. Bliss, TX
79906

1 comments:

Mom Jones said...

Jesse! I'm SO GLAD you are going to post about your life in the Army :) I am crying . . . you are missed and loved . . . and since you are a grown man now and I am your mother (still) it is difficult not to know you very well -- so perhaps this will be a good way to stay in touch with your heart and life . . . thanks for doing this -- it means the world to me.